Minnesota Claims Adjuster Licensing – 3 Steps to Become a Licensed MN Insurance Adjuster

A Minnesota resident interested in adjusting insurance claims will first need to obtain a Minnesota adjuster license. Non-residents interested in claims to work in Minnesota may also be required to obtain this license prior to receiving the assignment. It is a state that produces a large number of residential, commercial and auto lines claims, usually due to wind, hail and snow. Cat adjusters are well served by holding this license. Follow these 3 steps to obtain and maintain your claims adjuster license in Minnesota:

Step 1) Inspect licensing requirements

Minnesota residents must be 18 years of age. No experience, sponsorship or relationship is required. Residents must take and pass the Minnesota Adjuster Exam. The most comprehensive Minnesota adjuster license, the Fire, Allied Lines and Casualty Adjusters, can only be obtained by giving the Fire, Allied Lines and Casualty exams administered by the promisor. State exams can be difficult but exam study packages are available that increase the passing ratio among examiners.

Mutual: Non-residents who hold a license in their home state may obtain a Minnesota license. Nonresidents who do not hold a license in their state or cannot obtain a license must pass the Minnesota adjuster examination given by the promisor. Once again, exam study packages help a lot to ensure that you pass the exam for the first time.

Step 2) Get Adjuster License

To become a licensed Minnesota claimant adjuster, you will need to complete and submit a Minnesota online adjuster application through Sircon and pay a $ 50 license fee. Certification that the promisor exam has been passed must be submitted electronically by the license exam administrator. In place of passing the results from the Minnesota Adjuster Examination, the applicant must submit via fax, documenting the passing result for the equivalent examination in another state to process their application.

Step 3) Maintain License

Licensor Minnesota claims adjusters must renew their licenses every two years. The requirement for early continuing education is 15 hours for the first two years. Subsequently, 30 hours are required to maintain compliance for every two-year reporting period.

Summary: Minnesota residents who plan to adjust to Minnesota must first obtain a Minnesota adjuster license. The Fire, Allied Lines and Casualty Adjuster License is the most comprehensive license in this state and requires examination through a promisor. Exam study packages can provide very helpful submission assistance and can increase test success percentage to a great extent. This busy claim state license may also provide an attractive license for non-resident independent adjusters. For additional licensing information, see the complete online guide to becoming a licensed Minnesota claims adjuster.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *